Monday, June 18, 2007

You know those people who grow up speaking Spanish at home thier whole lives...

... and then get to high school or college and take a Spanish class and barely make a "B"?
If people at my house spoke spanish... that would be me.

Updates. Scheduled to go back to work on July 2nd. DK has called everyday and talked to the voicemail A LOT. bastard.

With LSAT and Socrates behind me... the new hobby is the formal learning of Hindi... lest I need it one day. I am using the Rosetta Stone. We'll see how this goes.

Mom did it to me again. Yesterday was Father's Day... she guilted me into mandir again, and had me pump her gas. I got back in the truck and told her I was not so comfortable doing anything else in Indian clothes than going to and from function. She was surprisingly understanding. Minus the "you need to be more comfortable with yourself" blah blah. That is another battle for another day.

I have a date this afternoon. I don't really like him, and I don't like that he is 22. But in the interest of gaining insight and experience... off we go. He is the kitchen manager of a great restaurant downtown (c'mon you knew that) so he can cook well... which is always a plus. and works with a guy who bartended at a sister bar at the same time I did. He is now the General Manager of same restaurant. Whenever I see him out he is still super sweet to me.

JB and I saw him out on the infamous night of drinking. He picked up our tab and I don't know how I got his friend's number but there was lots of begging. Plus I was pissed at DK. so I will entertain at least one outing. Nothing serious. late lunch and a movie. I text to see what and where. He leaves me voice mail about "we are going to see whatever YOU want to see. We will go wherever YOU want to go". So he gets points there.

I want to like him. I do. But I don't.

Last interview scheduled for Wednesday for a position I really want. This is #3 with a regional manager. Between the IQ, personality, recruiter screener, and 2 other intverviews... If I don't get this I will be so pissed.

Dk calls again to say he bought special card to call me so I don't have to spend any money to call him (shockingly that was not going to be a problem from my end) and at only 5 pence a minute, he'll call back! bastard part 2.

The one time I did talk to him, to get him squared away for international travel, I am bobbing through the house... he said something and I say "that is on your list!" for him it is the list of things that will get him smacked. he says "I don't think there is very much that I wouldn't get smacked for right now". He got smacked for that.

Taking grams to the emergency room. again.

No comments: