Thursday, June 07, 2007

My Happy Place.

Along with the strategy outlined for LSAT, I am to have a happy place on reserve for when I am speed bubbling. To focus on something other than the questions to give me a mini-break. So you don't get so mentally fatigued. Because I have to rock this test. In case I did not mention that before.
and it's my 3rd time taking it.

Because I dropped the last time.

On to the place o' Happy. The pic is my niece. A few years ago (about 3-ish) my niece and my 2 nephews spent the summer here. We rocked out. They had swimming lessons, gymnastic lessons, soccer, reading, dance... you name it, we did it. They make me think I can have kids and not send them to therapy. Mom and I don't get to see them often. It breaks my heart. My sister does not have custody (though she is still technically married) because she is a f*ck-wit.

But amidst the activities of that summer was a hot-air balloon festival...complete with a rock climing wall. The kiddies wanted to do it, I let them. The boys (7 and 3 at the time) punked out quickly. so did a couple of teen-agers. all that was left hanging on was Adina, my niece. She made it to the top. She rang the siren and I cannot tell you how proud I was of her. It was especially an achievement because they are not really athletic, besides recess at school they don't get to do much. and they were all seriously mal-nourished when they got here. She made it to the top by sheer will.

She is 6 in this picture. The dress she is wearing is made for a healthy 3 year old. Reason #1 billion and 6 that my sister is a f*ck-wit. I miss them, I miss them terribly.

Yesterday I elipti-glided and did abs w/the step class. The Mexican's son is here for the summer from Texas. We have met. and like the other children who spend time at the gym for camp and lessons... he gets used to some adults. Like me. He runs over to give me a hug and ask for gum... and tell me about his day. and I scoop him up and hold him too tight. I think one day he will stop coming to me for fear I hug the life out of him... but he reminds me of my babies.

Fast forward to this morning I am picking up cards from Rite Aide because I am not my mother and I believe you can buy someone a non-Hallmark card and get pretty much the same effect... and there are stickers. and I briefly consider buying some for the baby-Mexican. Like Yug-I=Oh or something. But I don't know what he is in to. and I don't want to get it wrong... kids are funny about that kind of stuff...

and then I wonder... what is the point of stickers? There are "activity books" but what activity comes from them? really? and my kiddies used to love to get stickers... and proceed to stick them all over my moms house which brought out the wrath of Chee-tor. and I am nearly brought to tears in the middle of Rite Aide.

DK's assessment... "Umm... yeah, is it close to THAT time of month?" No. "Maybe you feel like your life is not fulfilling or you are not fulfilling it fast enough". Maybe. Or maybe the children of the world need to stop being nice to me. grrr.

No comments: