Monday, April 16, 2007

4/16/07- 1 of ?

The title is today's date... and indicative of this is expected to be one of several posts.

We have lots to discuss, in shorts...

1. This was the repeater weekend. People just do NOT GO AWAY. Ever.
2. Why do we all still have a caveman mentality when it comes to rain?
3. My movie was fantastical.
4. Moms are great. Especially mine.
5. My precious precious sunshine is precious precious and sunshine.
6. Blanca is having her oil changed... and apparently something was recalled on her. (!)
7. Banquet is turning into a blind date. There is just no way that this is going to be good.

In descending order...

7. Business blah-blah hall of fame banquet is tomorrow. It has something to do w/ Junior Achievement and corporate sponsorship... My awesomely awesome bureaucratic dinosaur of an employer has a table, and I have official tickets. I meant to have a real date... but then I remember that I have no prospects (and this is not at all depressing!). Dream Killer is trying not to make if obvious he is making fun of me... and offers himself. I reserve the safety, secretly hoping that ANYBODY will pop up before hand. (anyone taller than me that is public friendly and wears a suit well... no dice)

This morning my Community Relations Director emails me. They overbooked and have an investment banker that is to be honored without a place at our table. I was the only one too scared to be in a room with so much networking potential that I needed a date. She asks if it is ok if investment banker is my date.... ummmmmmmm How do I say "No!" so I say it's ok. Oh this is not going to be good.

6. That's kind of self-explanatory. I am about to go pick her up. I love that thing, it is really sad how wonderful she is. Even Chicago knows how much I love this. He still says "So I will see you and the Jeep in May?" He sent her an E-card. how cute.

5. My god-daughter can say "DeeDee". She is sweet and looks just like a precious moment's doll! I finally found a minute to see her yesterday. She stretches to hug me and holds out her hand for mine! and I melt. *sigh*

4. is gonna be a bigger post. Gotta go get the baby.

No comments: