Thursday, April 05, 2007

I need a hug.


I'm not kidding.

I feel like a monkey's bum.

I'm not kidding about that either.

Claritan didn't fix anything. My face hurts, my throat hurts, I have a small fever. and I want to curl up under my desk and rest.

I can't leave work because I will drive to N.O. to see my movie. Which would be counter productive. No I'm still going to do that.

I didn't do it on Tuesday because it rained and that would have been irresponsible to drive back in the middle of the night, in the rain, and have to get up early the next day.

Everyone is off for Good Friday but us. I would be Christian or Catholic or whatever to have a day off. I'm that kind of free-time harlot. I will sell all of my beliefs and some of yours.

$10 says I can get Bunkles to go get orange juice for me from the corner market. My basic strategy is going to be threatening to sneeze on him. or on his stuff and just not tell him... that should do it.

UPDATE AT 3:45 PM. i am still juice-less. I pull the sad face and Bunkles promises to go and get me the juice. I give him my debit card to pay for it and he pats me on the head and scoots me out of the room. I see him flitting about later and pull the confused puppy head shift (to the right... the left says something else) and he says "ooooooooohhhhhh, my bad I forgot".

Since I didn't have to threaten him to get the promise I still have a threat in my back pocket. As I still have no juice (and it is now 15 min til market closes) I have told him that one day when I am good and sick I will lick a red bull and give it to him. and the germs will take care of him.

No comments: