Monday, April 02, 2007

HOW DID YOU GET THAT IN YOUR EAR?!


Guess what. I am a mommiey. I have 2 kids and I heard myself saying this at lunch. I flew home because I had no cell phone, checkbook, disk with resume on it, had to pick up 2 ball gowns to go to the cleaners as I am picking up the red one and dress coat after work... anyway you get the idea... I left with nothing but my keys and coffee this morning.

When my cocker spaniel (Lady Alexis on paper... Lexi in practice... Dammit Dog! on any given day) split her ear on Saturday I cleaned her ears then. With foamy stuff, cotten balls, q-tips, and the anti-biotic ointment just in case. She is a cocker... she gets her ears in places for no reason. Scotchie is amused by this so I grab him and clean his ears out too... just in case. He has a bit of an ear infection... which he did when we found tumor. Apparently all of the anti biotics he got didn't touch his ear.

It didn't bother him for a while but now he is shaking his head quite often... which in dog speak means something is irritating him. While I am grabbing stuff at lunch, he follows me around as he does. He is shaking his head which means he is having issues.

So I pull out the little bucket and have to sit on him to clean his ears. One is fine. the infected one is gross. But feels much better after it has been cleaned out. He gets ointment and his treat and bounces away. I scoop up the little one and get ready for round 2. She is not new to this, she behaves. I am cleaning the foam with a cotten ball and then q tip and found the nastiest crap in her little ears. and what looked like watermellon seeds. ewww.

and Scotchie is trying to embarrass me to the neighbors. Last night while I pull into the drive way, he runs out of the gate and down the street. I go after him and watch agast as he runs under someone's carport and in their backyard. I don't know that neighbor and didn't want to trespass. So I wait at the driveway for him. He runs out and runs home. I see him fly past me with something in his mouth. I follow him home and try to catch him before he buries what he stole. It is 1/2 of another dog's very big bone. He has one just like it. Somehow I could not bring myself to knock on their door at 10 at night to return it. So my Scotchie is still hoarding his ill-gotten gain.

He is my canine klepto. To go with my 78 year old candy klepto. I believe I will make a set out of this yet!

No comments: