Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Dammit Dream Killer!

... does it seem like soon we will have a whole set? We very well may.

Before we begin, I have discovered the awesome awesome I-don't-want-to-date-you kryptonite. Wanna know what it is? really? are you ready? You probably already know... I knew it too... I just didn't realize HOW effective it is at squashing any conversation about it. Not to say that it is one sided- I run from it too.

LET'S TALK ABOUT THIS

That's it. How do I know it works? Lemon didn't and still doesn't want to talk. Bama said talk and I grabbed my stuff and ran and still can't bring myself to tell him I wanted to talk about it, Bunny wouldn't talk to David, Tourettes won't talk to the GoodChristian... and most recently DK pitched and last night he brings it up... I say talk and he says "Nevermind I take it off the table"

but he did also say that we have to stop being each other's safety. Which is inconvenient for me. I understand it, and many times I have sucked it up and gone to things by myself... because it is so much better than going with an inappropriate date...and who knew that being a non-f*ck-up in public is not a given. It is a very attractive quality in a person.

So Dk was an awesome date. He wears a suit well, he networks and talks to people flawlessly... and I smile, nod, speak when spoken to... and had 2 crown and cokes to take the edge off. I was petrified. Dk knows this and makes a point to leave me for increasing amounts of time to force me talk to strangers. People I work with are taken aback that I have the potential to be socially awkward. It is freakin scary!

and boy did I dodge a bullet with the investment banker. He was a business banker who talked about all 900 of his accounts and that he handles revenue up to 1 million dollars. As I am trying to smile and look interested, I realize he is not looking at me.... he had a lazy eye... and because I am a jerk the forced smile became an attempt not to make it obvious that I am fixed on that eye.

We left shortly after dinner as DK is close to finals.

We are not going to be safeties... except the overachiever who passed the bar may be privately sworn in by the chief justice of LA's state supreme court. and Dk says "Wear something nice in case it comes to fruition, you are expected to attend". nice.

No comments: