Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Yeahhhhhhh.... Repeater!


So Gators won! David the Magnificent Weirdo and I are going to buy shirts. David the magnificent Weirdo and I had the most interesting conversation in a sports bar last night watching the game. Dream Killer won a Miller Lite bracketed basketball in honor of the tournament that he gave to me because I was the only girl. David the Magnificent Weirdo and I threw the limes from our Coronas at the Dream Killer. David the Magnificent Weirdo is as magnificent as he is weird.

but the coarse of the conversation turned to Bunny, as is expected... He is how I know her... she was to be his bunny. Somehow they did not survive the sift and she is not his bunny. Except that this is what I call her. Davids-Bunny. I heart the weirdo, even if he is weird. we have an 'interesting' dynamic. As I have said, we do not cut words with each other, in the beginning this was harsh... now it is respect. onward.

So he has a new girl he is about to ask to be the girlfriend (he is about to be 30... and he confirms that guys still have to ask). I say why her and not bunny? I heart bunny. I want bunny to have whatever she wants. Not to say she definitely wants David, but she knows she wanted him to ask (shockingly familiar). He says the new girl is pretty plus. That means personality, looks, education, and all about him (there are 2 more things but I forgot them... I think they are at the bottom of my Corona bottles). But the best way that he describes her is that "we have the same kind of connection that you and I have. But with romantic potential" Awwwww... thinly veiled compliments are always appreciated. He says Bunny requires too much- that she wants him to chase her... (well... duh!) and not give any effort on her part.

He likes her, he says he does. but in the face of someone who is making overt effort... she looks like less. and I understand that. He asks me to weigh in, and I say I am not qualified until I've met the other one. For now I am overly biased (and I am secretly massively pulling for Bunny!). He says for Bunny to look like and option she would have to call him. My eyes sparkle and he says "and NOT because you told her to!" So, she had to call him while we were at the bar and he held my phone so I couldn't text anymore.

She didn't call. Ick. and the conversation raises some interesting trolls... I thought (and maybe still think) that guys don't take it so seriously when they are being pursued. and that part of the best part of being a girl is the whole courtship process... maybe as we get older it get different? hmmmm dunno.

In other news... The annual Banquet for Junior Achievement is quickly approaching. It is better than the breakfast, and just dinner. It is for corporate sponsorship and board member, and pillars of the community etc etc. and This year I get the formal invite. and I am thinking I should like a real date instead of a safety. Will let you know how that goes.

No comments: