Tuesday, April 24, 2007

I spend waaay too much time at the gym.


The pic is a variation of what I received today. I have a ribbon in my hair, because today I got flowers. The difference is mine is a dozen red roses w/a dozen tulips (red and white).

Want to know who they are from? hmmm.... let's start with why they are here. Thursday night after I left work I had tea with the Dream Killer to discuss his impending B-day (which was Friday) and gently get him acclimated to the idea that the best he was going to get was dinner with me... in actuality, Overachiever, David the Magnificent Weirdo and yours truly had pulled together a surprise party of damn near 50 people.

Last year his birthday really was just dinner with me. He is not so opposed to this idea and jokes that maybe when I drop him home I could buy him a hooker. I say "we'll see". I leave him and venture home. I stop a red light, the Wrangler behind me stops at the red light, and the car behind him decides the light does not apply to her.

She slammed into him which slammed into me. (for the love of freakin Pete! I have had Blanca for 6 months! show some freakin respect, what- were you raised in a barn?!) So.... I spent the night in the emergency room with my new friends.

Since I'd talked to Dream Killer last he is 1st person I call (after 911 obviously) and he shows up in a rather charming guest appearance as MIGHTY MOUSE. He negotiates the car and talks to the police as I am crawling in the grass trying to help the guy in the Wrangler, who is not doing so well. EMS shows up and are in my face screaming about the hospital and I can't make heads or tails of what they are saying. I crawl further back into the grass and do what every awesome Bond-girl does when she is disconcerted and possibly hurt... I called my mommiey.

Moms (p.s. I have the best bitty-bitty moms on the planet) says take the ambulance to her hospital and now please. DK stays w/my car and continues to talk to Wrangler's roommates whom I called on my cell and meets us at the Emergency Room.

Mommiey is at the door when I get there, DK is right behind me. Everyone was hurt worse than I was, I am low man on the totem pole, I understand this and take no issue. I had a panic attack and threw up my tea and cookie and still hyperventilated. Mom got a random doc to give me a shot of Phenagen (sp?) pronto. That made the rest of the night fly by. Also, one of the case techs that works under my mom diverted another doc my way... she cleared me 1st and sent us to x-rays. that shaved a couple of hours off of our quality time in ER, right there. Moms tells me that she scrubbed in on the total hip replacement for docs mom and doc has always been nice to her because of it. Yay everybody loves my moms.

They took x-rays. Nothing broken, gave me muscle relaxers and pain meds that knock me on my bum. I went home and slept for about 3 days. Obviously no party for me. and we had a good couple of friends in from out of town that I didn't get to see.

Dk was still trying to get me out of the house... even for a milkshake, but I was too incoherent. He was sufficiently surprised. Sunday night I was awake enough to start returning phone calls. Funny thing, the only people I told was DK, mom, and my boss. and yet so many people knew. You wanna know how I know that they know (er?). Moms is telling me who stopped by the house and I've gotten so many phone calls... it's really nice... I am mostly ok. just the muscles in my back move without me.
I saw my Orthopedist yesterday who says the same, nothing broken- just need time to heal. He gives me this week to rest and I have to see him again on Monday to see if I am out for another week... and we are still looking at my knees and hips... he uses words like "cortisone shots" and "MRI" and I say "no hablas englais".

So Little bit from the gym calls me this morning. The mexican called tonight. It is so sweet. I tried yoga today which was dumb. I've been trying to cut my dosages in 1/4 so I can slightly function. I promised myself I would take it easy in yoga... but again I am slightly competitive. and my back did not appreciate it. I wake up from post lunch nap... and I have flowers... and they are beautiful!

Even the ribbon is beautiful! Know who is on the card? "Mexican, Little Bit, Will I am, Bama, Pseudo-Daydream, and the Sprinter I train with". and I am humbled as I tell DK... and start to write my thank you notes. Wrapped up in my heating pad, I blush at you.

No comments: