Wednesday, October 18, 2006

# 4. I got smacked with the Door... Again.


Made it to work this morning for 8...ish. I get to the door and have to look for my badge. The door is only broken when I have my little badge clipped to my pocket or in my hand. Today it required a swipy badge. Of course today because I am wearing impossible cute BCBG slingbacks with 3 1/2 heels (i just measured them). I have fuzzy hair... I have my hands full with purse, cup of ice, coke, phone, etc... badge is in the bottom of my purse.

I stare at the door trying to use all of my concentration to WILL it open. nothing. I try the goofy spells I've seen in movies... still nothing. I put the phone in my mouth, slide my purse closer to me up my arm and shift random things around to find a way to stick my free hand in it... all it got me was little crushed ice down my blouse. I give up. I put the cup of ice on the floor and free my hands to be able to properly look for the bloody badge... as I am kneeling down in front of the door it occurs to me that I should not so much do this right in front of the door as my life is a sitcom and of course someone would open the door right then.

Bam. Here comes Al to the recue. Ice goes everywhere. it was most impressive. And DK wonders why I have a lumpy head.

No comments: