Monday, October 30, 2006

greatest shirt EVER!


and why? because it works on soooo many levels. And in other news... I am officially too literal. Which may be a by-product of being buried by the GMAT.

So I have this shirt in a tank top. It is from the Gap and a product of the RED campaign, which is helping the ONE campaign, and all of it is to help the starving children in Africa who also have AIDS. (No they are not the exact same ones your mother guilted you with as a child... same situation different people). So my friends know that I am going to have something from this... bleeding heart that I am.

My nearest and dearest have been gifted with the white plastic wrist bands for the ONE campaign, pink pony shirts from Ralph Lauren to support breast cancer, and the charming little cards that tell you the money for your birthday/christmas/whatever gift has been a monetary donation to a charity that supports ______ (fill in the blank for something that applies to said person).

So it was with much amusement that I am gifted with a version of the pic... JB says, "I saw this, and I thought of you... Oprah told me to buy it (yes she is one of THOSE), tell me what you see..."

I say, " You're calling me a red Indian? Is that like your way of saying red-neck? are you making fun of me?" How did I get that? so in Algebra, you look at what is in the brackets 1st... and they what is outside... (RED) + Desi. What does Desi mean? We talked about this, don't tell me you don't remember... It's a Hindi word for Indian...

but apparently everyone else in the world sees Desired. nice. and Yay me because I am me... and on my way home I saw a bumper sticker that says "Talk Nerdy To Me"... and somehow I believe I should have one of those.

Sidenote: JD, not to be judgemental... and yes, to each his own and God for all... but please explain why you did not look at your wife and tell her to have a coke and a smile and shut the F* up? some people naturally have an extra layer around their middle no matter what they do.

No comments: