Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Accelerated Palahnuik


If the drinking game no longer fixes the rage associated with co-workers and their excessive cheerfullness... neediness... whiny-ness... and search of political correctness (i.e. What does this mean to MEEEEE?... um it means that you make little more than minimum wage and I don't get paid enough to coddle you while you wallow in medicrity... that's what it means) never fear... the mind of Palahnuik comes to the rescue again... In the form of another bit of "mental masturbation" as my stats professor used to like to say.

It is the culling song and the premise of Lullaby. Another book by good ol' Chuck and the current read. The song is of African lore, a song to sing one to sleep... literally. The guy who has it finds himself using it in moments of contained rage... like an annoying someone in a bar, cop on the street etc. What scares me is that I went to the bank today and stood in line forever. There was one teller working, another counting out her drawer, and 2 more playing solitaire. The working teller had an old woman with big hair that had a terminal illness called irritating. And I found myself wondering what such a song would sound like. Imagine being able to kill someone with a thought. No blood, no pain, no muss, no fuss. wow.

By the time I got the window and the teller is happy sunshine... I am happy sunshine back. and all it took was a little time to myself to make up a song that would make all the people that annoy me go away. Today it is a good thing that I do not have a culling song. I am rather irritated and would leave mass chaos in my wake. much like a super villian... but who would I be? hmmmmmmmm

4 comments:

Jonathan said...

Comment left on an earlier post . . .

KIRAN LIGHT said...

Hi bunny!Thought you were mad at me cus I couldn't comment on Billable time. the interview was kind of touching base. Northwestern is getting an application and I'm setting up the interview. A friend of a friend says there are a few contacts that would be most helpful and a few people who's (why does that look wierd?) recommendations would be invaluable. a possible mini-clerkship and just fostering a relationship. It would be most beneficial for these people to love me.

Jonathan said...

Very nice.
If you are hellbent on winding up in Chicago, and in the (however unlikely) event that Northwestern doesn't admit you, we should talk about the Univ. of Illinois. It is a Chicago pipeline, the cost of living and tuition and all that crap make it a very reasonable alternative.
The fact that I went there for law school and haven't burned (all) my bridges (yet) might help.
Let me know.

How could I be mad at you sugar plum?

KIRAN LIGHT said...

I gotta say, it's looking like hell is bending. LA just isn't a long-term option. and i am beginning to understand how opting for a jd here may severly limiting. dunno if we've conversed about it before, but economically N.O. just isn't doing what it needs to in order to bounce back. Our tax laws aren't going to change any time soon and the real money just doesn't flow through here. Univ. of Il is a definite option.any tidbits you can sprinkle near me would be most appreciated. oh and the current read is Shantaram. It is of AS level without the squint ;)