Tuesday, October 31, 2006

LAW #14, POSE AS AN FRIEND BUT WORK AS A SPY


DO NOT READ THIS BOOK! I repeat... DO NOT READ THIS BOOK!

You're looking it up right now, aren't you?

This book is useful in the right hands. This and the 48 Laws of Seduction (boy was that wasted on me) were a present from Mentor about 2 years ago (?). Yet, while I deem it useful to one who understands the world from a certain vantage point... for those who are lacking it may have the tendency to exacerbate freak-a-zoid tendencies. I.e. little conspiracy theorists who still re-create the civil war in their basements across shag-carpet battlefields that span the entire floor and have enough action figures to man an entire simulation... not that I know anyone who has this.

In other news... Happy Halloween... whatever tidings that implies. The women I work with are engaged in an on-going project to make me fat. They cook, they bake, they guilt me into eating. It's just wrong. So lower-cased "J" leaves me brownies and here comes Joules. She peeks in my goodies and ask for one as she takes it. I'm not going to say no and she knows that. I am not the slightest bit upset, I adore her, and just yesterday she brought me candy. There is much love here. And maybe this only comes together in my mind... but as she disturbs me for something mundane (and this time it is not a story) it occurs to me she does this quite often. It could be a little bag of chips and I could have 3 left... she bobs over and takes one or a little piece of one... which is weird in it's own right... but then it further occurs to me... Is this her version of a power struggle? is she putting in to action Law #14?

Now I know she is not vindictive or manipulative... and yet on some level.... things that make you go hmmmmmmm?

No comments: