Monday, October 16, 2006

Everyday heroes!

Ok. So it seems a little cheezy but it is accurate. This is the official "YAY US!" post! Last week Bat-Girl and I gave blood. And let me say, completely separately from everything else.... YAY BAT-GIRL!

It doesn't seem like it would be such a big deal. But it was for several reasons.

(1) It was Bat-Girl's 1st time and she was scared. But she sucked it up and squeezed the living hell out of Bob's girlfriend (if you don't know what that is... you don't need to).

(2) Bat-Girl felt the need to support the Blood Drive because Queen (Bat-Girl's little sister... smaller bat-girl? bat-girly? the diet coke of girls that are batty?) was in a car accident earlier this year and she needed blood. So for a span of time she had someone else's blood running through her veins (interesting visual. mais non?)

(3) and this is probably the biggest one... it made us both sick.

Bat-girl gave normal blood and it came out fine. Sometimes they can take my blood. Most times not so much. The complications are fun... like small veins, rolling veins, blowing veins. My veins are a sideshow in themselves! Funky clotting, or sometimes my blood just says no. Last week I opted for the double- giving red blood cells only, or platelets... after all they need it more and the needle they take it with is hella smaller. Good day for me!

Ummm no. So technically one has to weigh 150 lbs. I said I did, and I could... if you look at me the right way. Whatever, they didn't check. It went well. They put your plasma/fluids back into you with a coagulent added. When it goes back in you can almost taste it and it makes you feel high. Needless to say I walked around for the rest of the day feeling like I was on Lortab. Basically I needed a hug.

Complications to follow. So I have the nickel sized bruise with a hole in the middle. Fun. It doesn't hurt but as of Friday I am still feeling like I'm going to fall out. I doubled up on the Iron and thought that was a wrap. WRONG! Friday I make to the gym. Made it through 1 round of circuit training. Started to run laps for the 2nd... and this girl's body said "no ma'am". I couldn't breath. I wasn't running fast but I couldn't catch my breath. I sat for 30 seconds and it got worse. You know how you feel right before you hyper-ventilate... and you try to stop it but it's like back sliding and you are so embarrassed over what it will look like in front of all these people. Right. So for the 1st time ever, I walked out. I grabbed my stuff and made it to the parking lot before I gave back my lunch and wheezed in the parking lot.

Mom made me burn rice, pieces of pepper, gum, salt, etc. because my grandmother is convinced that someone gave me the evil eye because too many people are watching me. I try to tell her it is probably just stress and that I am starting to get sick. No dice... there was a whole mini-bonfire attached to this.

oh... and Bat-girl walked around cracked out as well. Yay. So we pat ourselves on the head and get ready to drag ourselves through another week.

next post... Bride-zilla's wedding was Saturday, DK asked me to be his girlfriend... again, and I need a personal statement.

No comments: