Thursday, October 12, 2006

"The more things change, the more they stay the same"

The title is in quotes because I know someone said it, before me I mean, and since it is not original I will not try to pass it off as my own. I try to be careful about things like that because I have had my words jacked and I seriously wanted to trip that person down a flight of stairs. It's just wrong... especially since I know what it took me to get to that point... mentally. Ya' know? no? k. nevermind.

Anyway, so picked mommiey up from the airport this morning. She was delayed a whole day because the genius Yankee (and I so loved the Yankees) flew into a building. Before they declared it a non-terrorist attack flights were delayed and ultimately cancelled. And mom's things were searched (again) and mom was felt up (again) and mom called to tell me she would be staying one more night. It's funny how one stupid incident feels just like that Tuesday. It's fear. but different. because if it was another attack people would look at us with a prejorative gaze right off the bat. no time delays. and with so much time to have a festered a whole politically correct bit of ignorant profiling. ick.

but mom is here, and all is well. except that her luggage didn't make it. which means that Kris owes me $5 cuz I so called it!

No comments: