Wednesday, January 10, 2007

私にそれを送りなさい

The title is "Send it to me" in Japanese.

It is fitting that this be in Japanese because that is probably what it sounds like when it comes out of my mouth. I think I speak decent English; but I am open to the suggestion that I do not. I have said this 11ty billion times THIS WEEK. (yes, all of Mon, Tues, and now today equals 11ty billion)

People bother me all day long at work with their problems. If you reach me over the phone amidst the amazing beauracracy that this corporation is... I say "Well Done" to you and you should have some help. Whether or not I can help you, I'll look, I'll try... let's see what we can do. I mean why not? I get tons of other stuff sent to me that I don't know what to do with. and I am expected to work it out.

So they call and I say "send it to me" yet, somehow people hear "Please keep telling me about it... this is the most effective way to convey that you are right and the Dinosaur of a beauracracy is wrong".

The best part is... that I don't actually get the faxes with my name on it. My Villager is a bit too smart for that. She is apparently the only one that has figured out that if you did give me my "mail" there is a 1:3 chance I am expecting it... and even less that I will know what to do with it. And yet, at the end of the world, she will be the only one still working here.

But every once in a while it does affect some sort of positive response for the outside party involved. Like today. I got asked about something sent to me that made it to a whole different dept. I honestly said I vaguely remembered the call and I didn't know if the Order to dismiss was valid for what we had until I saw it. Drifter from the other side said it was and she took care of it. So well done to someone who got help.

Remind me never to forward my mail here. God only knows where it would end up. Also, don't call me at work. I am probably begging someone else to answer my phone.

No comments: