Friday, January 19, 2007

"Make me smile"

Greetings from LA, ladies and Gentlemen. I am apparently loving Craig Ferguson.

Today is a great day for America. Why?

Because the ball is tomorrow night and this girl is not going. It is unfortunate that this really came down to taking a stand on what seems inherently wrong. I love Mardi Gras balls, you know I love a good ball. But I cannot ignore that a situation is racist because this time it does not include my race. Every person with a slight pigment (or even a lack there of) can recall a situation that they've been treated unfairly based on the color of their skin. The women of that krewe have the privilege of whom to invite to their party and can create limitations accordingly. I don't like it, I don't go. It has hurt my Jenny-Bear. She understands, but she is sad. Especially since she was the queen of this ball a few years back, and returned as a maiden. She is slated to join next year and then I will be at her table every year, with tickets mailed to me instead of picked up. I hope to have settled the nausea by then.

Last night I got my bum handed to me by Shy, in the form of a reprimand. I was studying at a book store with Bianca's sidekick... which while she was there, turned into me teaching her logic games. Shy passed through came to say hi and asked how long I'd been there. He listened to me teach and after she left, asked how long I'd taught. I told him and he put his magazines down and then put his head down.

Shy says he will no longer cut his words and handle me with kid gloves (like I am the child here!). Further, his criticism is that I cannot teach something I am practicing myself. My score needs to get better, in fact a lot better. I said "but she needed help" and he hissed "but you are not in a position to help her".

He is right.

He further says that if she needs my help, that I could offer it after I retake the exam and not 1 second before. He further yips at me that his contacts are at my disposal and that is a leap of faith, and that he would not try to help anyone just because.

But I see myself in her situation... Because I know there are lots of times that people don't have to help you, and they still do. and yet I still feel like a scolded child.

On to the title given by Lemon who has his own bits today. And how do I tell him that I cannot give him what I do not have.

ah. and the bear is a pic he sent me. it's me. it's sooooo me. yay her, and yay me. Why she is $80 I don't know.

No comments: