Saturday, January 06, 2007

"You are so easy to figure out" and Small World

We'll start with Small World. So in conversation last night, Lemon and I figure out we have someone in common. The Boogie Man. Boogie Man because I have been running from the thought of him from the minute that I figured out he was not a person I needed to be around. And yet he still keeps popping up with miscellaneous cameos in people's lives. I.e. Madigan and now as the cousin of Lemon's ex-fiancee. WTF. and it reminds me that I do not live in a bubble. That 'Everything is Everything" (yeah Lauren Hill) and there is nothing solely and selfishly mine. ick.

In other news Blanca's license plate is in (oh the jeep's name is Blanca courtesy of mom). DK who sold me out on packing me down to smaller storage... or I had to go shopping w/Mom instead... asks if I wanted to wait until Monday to get.

He bonded with used car salesman while I got my Jeep and looked at Cherokee's because he is a biter. The little Accord that could is now deciding that it can not. So he is going to visit something they have on the lot, so he is a good candidate to go with.

As he tries to talk me into Monday he suddenly says... "Wait a minute. What is today and what did you have to do?"

and I say NOTHING!... ok a wedding at 6.

He says "So you don't want to go to the wedding and you want me to go with you to pick the plate up so you can use me as an excuse for being late or missing it entirely. You are not slick."

Rat bastard. He is exactly right.

Also, in orchestrating drinks so that David's bunny can have a conversation with the Overachiever, his brother mentions O is on a date with a 3L. and I say, "oh, because I know someone who is interested" and he says "let me guess, we are going to casually get them in the same room together and magically move over?" and I tried to say "NO! I just thought... maybe he would like to meet my friend". To which I got pat on my head and told that it was just fine.

Apparently I am not spy-girl material.

Ok, so I am officially tired of random weddings. I think I did enough time last year. Even with the promise of a chocolate fountain, and I do love a good fountain o' chocolate... I mean really? again? and the stupid reception is at the stupid country club. and you can only be friggen happy for everyone else so many times. jeez. and usually I love weddings.

On the plus side, I get to wear the beautiful dress from Nordstrom's in Houston. Yay. Off to shave my legs.

No comments: