Monday, January 29, 2007

Dream-killer's car broke...


and I am stupid because I still feel sorry for him.

In other news... My Grandma should be the weatherman. I think she would be a great weatherman. Actual forecasting skills aside.

So, Sat was cold and rainy. Obviously weather to run all of the errands in the world in! So as we (Mouse and I) set out on a trek for food, water, and shoes for my mom. Mouse hops into the jeep and says "See? I told you so!". Sorry, you told me what?

One day this week Mouse called me at work. I don't care what she calls me for, I'm excited she is using the big scary phone. She will talk into it, but she refuses to dial her own numbers. I don't get it either.

She says, "You know, it's going to rain one day this week?" I say, "Like maybe today, since it's raining now?" and she says, "Yes, rain like today. But no, because it is going to come on another day also" WHAT?
I don't why I keep this going, but she is on speaker phone- so what the hell. I ask which day? She says "I didn't listen to that part. But one of the days in the week. Or maybe the weekend. One day." Nice.
But my Mouse loves me. As we trek across town for all of the things on our list, with stops for snacks- she is diabetic... we get lunch from a deli. We eat and she carries a bag out. We finish errands and I get to unload the jeep. Mouse jumps out and bops around with her little bag. She leaves it on the kitchen table. Mom tries to throw it away- Mouse takes issue. In the bag is a quater of her sandwich that she has saved for me. I am confused. I ate. She saw me. But she believes that I need a quarter of an old lady's veggie sandwich- this was not big enough to hold a whole slice of cucumber. But if that is what she says, I take it and say thank you.

I imagine it might rain one day. Maybe here, maybe not, but someday either in the week or on the weekend.

No comments: