Tuesday, January 16, 2007

"It's not a TUM-AH"


Actually, it is a tumor.


Apparently this week is an extension of last week. Butterscotch had a vet appointment for a check up and a check on what looked like a bite on his tail. The 'bite' turned into a tumor. I'm not kidding... stop laughing.

You will remember that this is my baby that had hip surgery and 8 weeks of rehab last year. Eventually the other hip will have to be done as well. The vet can pop his whole hip out and then pop it back in. He doesn't even flinch. wow.

So now he is on antibiotics, 2 at a time, 2x a day for 10 days. That is a lot of pills. Hopefully they will shrink this thing so it can be removed. Because if they remove it now, they will have to amputate his tail. Why him? I mean really why? He is the sweetest dog ever. Do you have any idea how hard it is to give an animal antibiotics? Not this animal... he just takes them because they are in my hand... and chews them up. though he does make a face (shut up! yes he does make a face!) because they taste bad.

The pic is my honey. and this is how sad I am for him.

:(

No comments: