Monday, January 22, 2007

It's not me... It's the Mexican.

I apologize for not knowing how to link an older post to this one... But the one that is applicable is the only one from July of Last year, titled Yeeeeaaaahhhh Mexican.

Fast forward to last Tuesday, Lemon drove down for a bit of Mexican amidst my studying- which did not happen.

(side note: I am posting this because I am still laughing about it. I heard myself telling Shy about it...as it trumps our adventure at the "show")

We get there, he goes to the bathroom. Immediately some guy who went to my high school appears out of thin air. He "remembered my face" and came to introduce himself. I vaguely remember him, but not really. He finds it necessary to say that while he IS a waiter... he will not be MY waiter. (er?) He is filling me in on what life has been like since high school, it is fabulously interesting I assure you. He asks if I finished, I get to say "yes" (It's the only other sentence I got to say)... He enlightens me that he went to a couple of schools in CA and UT on football and soccer scholarships (I try to look sufficiently impressed).... and then he tells me what he finished in.
are you ready?

I'm serious, you have to be ready.... An associates degree in Science. WHAT? 6 years did that? Are you ready for what he is going to be when he grows up? really? promise?

A physical therapist. Now, I'm not trying to be a dream-killer... but c'mon buddy. C'mon! My attempt at conversation is "Wow, that is a really competitive field." and he says "Well, I've always liked helping people". Mercifully Lemon shows up with his own adventure. Mr. Associates mumbles "Nice to meet you" to Lemon and vanishes as quickly as he came.

On to Lemon's adventure... He's at the urinal, doing what men do there. The guy from the table behind us walks in and asks for $5 to pay his check. Lemon thought the guy was on a cell phone or talking to someone else, and continues what he is doing. The guy taps him on the shoulder. (I can't breath at this point of the story) as Lemon is still mid-stream. Lemon says he doesn't think he has and cash and the guy asks him to double check. wow.

What a bad situation to be in... for boTH OF them! and Shy says stuff only happens with me. Like I had any control over this!

Update on Bama. Thursday he calls (I accidentally answered) and he asks if I would join him for a "group thing" on Friday. Of course I had to say no thank you and I already had plans( which was true!) and he demurs that he is "torn" and asks if he will at least get to see me in circuit training and next time could I please please make a minute in my schedule for him. I'm not upset over the birthday blow off, I never really was and it was so long ago... but if I was a cruel person I could be really mean to him. But then I would get it back 10-fold I am sure.

oh and when Shy and I went to see Deja Vu, 1/2 way through the couple next to us pulled out what looked like a very new baby from the lady's coat. WTF?! The baby was very real and did not appreciate the R rated movie as much as you think a new-born would. The people who sat next to us (shy called them the 2 life sized M&M's) took dinner and a movie to mean both at the same time. After their respective meals, one of them asked Shy for his Twizzlers. Shy said "F**k No!"
Again, there is no way that it is me that brings the strange out of people.

No comments: