Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Horror-Scopes

The Malty Milt Head sent me this, this morning.

Today what someone tells you is not going to be the full truth. He or she is applying a candy coating -- saying that things are a lot rosier than they really are. To get the information you're seeking, you'll have to separate fact from fantasy and determine what is really going on. This will require a heavy level of critical thinking -- and a generous dose of compassion for what someone else is going through right now.

It is his (and since our b-days are 5 days apart... my) horoscope. He reads it religiously every morning, and sends me the good ones. I don't so much believe in this stuff... but reading something like that makes you look at every person you come in contact with and say "Is it you? are you blowing smoke up my butt? Are you having a hard time?"

icky.

2 comments:

Jonathan said...

So it seems kinda cool to have had a puzzle to figure out today. Kinda like playing "I Spy" in the airport. (I don't know how to play and have never played in my life, but I'm guessing some kids have made up such a game. I had to have heard it from somewhere.)

Was critical thinking required today?

BTW-Happy New Year. Let's make it a good one.

KIRAN LIGHT said...

Good year indeed. I spy is appropriate. If the damn thing is the other person. One person give you a bit of information, you guess what they are looking at so I guess this was exactly that. Critical thinking indeed because it was not so spelled out.

And yet I cannot help but think it a self-fulfilling prophesy.