Friday, January 19, 2007

Can a tumor pop?

Stay with me people, this is gross.

I am giving my Scotchie his antibiotics religiously. I am so OCD about him having his pills, you would think the tumor was close to MY bum. I am more consistent about his meds than I have ever been about anything I have ever had to take. Including iron tabs that will make me fall out in the summer if I forget to take them.

This morning there was a bit of blood on the mat outside. As he bounced around watching me take the dry-cleaning from Blanca he is leaving fresh stains. I FREAKED. I'm not going to lie, I am NOT ok about this. I call the vet- we make an early morning visit. (I put him in a make-shift diaper... I didn't want him licking it... but I also didn't want the blood in the jeep... I am a selfish awful mommiey). The tumor is infected and has moved to the status of "absessed" (sp?) and will be removed shortly. The meds didn't shrink sh*t. So the tail is probably going to go with it.

And the worst part is (because you knew there was one)... he is still the happiest stinking puppy. He still hops up and down to be pet and does the happy dance for food. I am almost happy that he is a dog and not human, I can't imagine the way the world would take advantage of one too sweet for his own good. Oh, and yes I know he is not the brightest crayon in the box... but I love him anyway.

2 comments:

Jonathan said...

I'm sorry about your doggie :( Is a surgery scheduled at this point?

KIRAN LIGHT said...

YEPPER... TUESDAY MORNING. Vet kept him for observation on Friday, and released him because she did not feel comfortable removing the bloody thing herself (no pun intended). So he's been on doggie pain pills all weekend and didn't look any more cracked out then normal. Thank you for asking about him.