Tuesday, February 06, 2007

David's Bunny is trying to kill me/ Bama Part I

She has talked me into trying her boot camp class at a different version of our gym after work. I don't see this going well. But I have not had time for weights and haven't done any extra-curricular running in a while... so maybe this will be a good thing.

In other news... It is brought into focus that I may not be (or have been or might not have been?) entirely fair to Bama. Bear in mind that 1. I would not have handled it any other way and 2. Just because he is pitching for "relationship" does not mean that I expect he will behave himself. and then...

To tell you about Bama, we go back to Madigan. She was my Best friend in 10th grade through about last year or this when I have officially let her go. It was painful because I remember all of the times that she was wonderful to and with me. But as you grow people change. and sometimes not in a good way. The end result was that she was and is convinced that I will get married before her (because I do so well with relationships) and she could not bear that. She has told me repeatedly that if I did, she simply wouldn't come. I thought she was joking at first. She is not.

She became obsessed with the idea of marriage and has several registries at different bridal shops in the city. She will tell any guy that wants to date her which ring he is expected to buy her. She hasn't finished school yet and I am not sure why. She has trashed me to every one of my "boyfriends" and any guy she has ever met that is trying to date me. Including Bama.

He was my New Year's Eve date last year. It was cool. I met Monito, we (Bama and I) did not speak for 3 months. Madigan had shown her bum in different situations and I was trying to minimize my contact with her. She was also in a gold-digging relationship and entertaining the Boogie Man (yes my Boogie Man) despite the fact that I never wanted to be in the same room with him again. I don't care that she entertained him, I just didn't want to see him- he is the only reason I've ever had to change my cell #.

Eventually she begged long enough that I did meet her and some friends out one night (I don't hold grudges- I should, but I don't) and Bama was there. She was trashed when I got there and left quickly. Bama and I talked and he asked about Madigan's and I's relationship and I tried to be honest and not-negative. He says "she is not your friend". She told him that if he followed up and tried to date me, I was going to stalk him. This from what I considered my best friend and who knew I was on year 3 with psycho stalker of my own. Nice.

But it was not something to be addressed with her. Again we have history. Again, almost every guy she had ever trashed me to had tried to warn me the same way. They tell me what she said (almost verbatim- that many could not all have the same lie) and considering how much I adored her, ask where the disconnect is? Either she is telling the truth and I am horrible, or she is lying and I have bad judgment. Overall, not a good reflection of me.

The best part is... is that everytime I tried to have the Big Girl conversation with Madigan, she had the best comeback... are you ready? "You've known him for 2.5 seconds, and you've known me for how long? How can you even bring this b.s. to me? I love you and how could you question that?" and I didn't. It was hard to stare into the face that took care of me when I was sick for about 6 months. Picked me up from school. went with me to dr. appts and hospitals, and learned to cook (albeit barely) to be able to make me lunch everyday knowing I would still throw it up (not on purpose- you a**es!)

So Part I ends with me still being stuck on Monito. Bama got played to the left because there was no way I was going to date someone who had such a bad image from jump. He knew I was training with Debbie and suggested I try circuit training, swore he would be there so it wouldn't be scary... Part II coming soon.

and God bless you for getting through all of that.

No comments: