Sunday, February 04, 2007

If it is Human to Err... to conitually forgive must be retarded...

because it does not feel divine. 1st thing 1st...JD you will be thrilled to know that your assessment of my team as the Aints has been picked up by my goofy circle of friends. I don't care that they didn't make it to the super bowl... most years we are happy when they have not been a complete and utter embarrassment. Being one game away is the closest they have ever come. Yay us.

Not watching the Super bowl though. Even with the commercials... not really interested.

Kick in the head from Friday (also explanation of the title)... Bama actually pitched for a relationship. Ok, I get that he was trying to show off... but where did he get the idea that I wanted to go on 1 date with him, vs. start a whole lots-o-dating of him? I was cordial and polite... but WTF?

He follows up with "I know I didn't do a good job of following up and expressing that I liked you before... and don't say anything just now because I know I still have to earn the right in your eyes to ask you to properly be my g/f... but I will. and so you know, that is what I want."

I went home to wash my hair, and David's Bunny, Tourettes, and I proceeded to drink... and analyze. This is funny stuff people, I mean super super great... except...

Tourettes has met Lemon (New Year's Eve) and her vote was Lemon. She has met Bama, she tried to scratch his eyes out.

D-B has only met Bama and she reserves judgement. He is after all Mr. Perfect.

The issue here is that Lemon uses words he can't exactly back up...or won't. Or much like another post a long time ago... shuts down on me. I don't know if I've posted it here or only put it in a journal... If it was 16 Lemon would be enough for me to be devoted to him... and we would hop off into the sunset like happy little bunnies. add 10 years to that and I require a different set of china to set my table. You say, tell me and work it out? but I say, I am not the one to try to change anybody. He is far. closer than Monito was, but far enough to be inconvenient. Long distances take with them a lot of freedoms. You have to be more clear, and have the "feelings" discussion... because I don't have anything else to go on.

I do like that he gives me the freedom to have issues... and doesn't press. or maybe does but only passive aggressively... and he didn't actually ask for the status of the "us" to change.

Back to Bama... I don't see this happening... but then I never did. He stood me up for my birthday :) I forgave, but didn't forget. Plus the way that I know him was through Madigan... She told him I was going to stalk him... so it took him 3 months to ask for my phone #. I understand that means HE should have issues with ME. So I didn't give it. And he got it out of Madigan.

He is also of the mindset that asking for a relationship now is precursor to sorting out whom he would marry. That he understands he is asking for an inter-racial relationship is supposed to be a compliment (?) ! The last girl he broke up with (circa late last year) was because he couldn't see himself marrying her. That he used the word "relationship" is enough to make me run. Plus beautiful manners do not excuse bad behavior. If anything, it makes it worse... you know better, you just didn't care.

Today, it is good to be single.

1 comment:

Jonathan said...

I hate Blogger. It just deleted my friggin comment because I was signed in under my other gmail account, then when I went to change it, I lost the comment. Google/Blogger/Gmail has serious issues.
How appropriate for the day.

I see you got your post up. I hope that it didn't take you as long as it took me. See above and apply the same complaint to the posts.

Great post. "Forgive but don't forget." I try to live by the same code but am so upset with the fact that I'm about to be held to the same standard.
I'm about to send you an email. There are things I want to say, not ready to say them on my blog yet and you're the victim ;). Plus, want to talk about a possible Louisiana tie-in.

About the Aints - sorry. They really aren't, but they were.