Thursday, February 01, 2007

"The New Bottled Water"

I will explain the pic in a second... 1st to yesterday. By the time I went to bed I had either missed calls or messages from Mentor, Bunkles, Mommiey, David's Bunny, and Chicago. All with the same theme... "Whatcha doin?" "Where ya been?" "Calling to check on you"

It was nice. I feel loved. Especially since yesterday I felt like crap. More and more I am trying to listen to my body. I.e. rest when I need to rest, and not try to be super woman and do everything everyone asks for. So I skipped the gym and went home. Took a bath and watched a ballroom dancing competition.

This morning I was still dragging. I get coffee at Starbucks and curled up with the NY times. Somedays I cannot bear to start with the front page. Today, was rainy and cold, and one of those days. The pic is from the HeloYelo.com website. It is a business that offers a nap. In a booth. For about $12-$24 fro 20-40 minutes. I started to laugh at this, like "who would buy this?" and "do you get your $ back if you don't fall asleep?" And then I read the article and thought "oh yeah, I would try this" Hear me out people.

It's in Manhatten, and touted to be aimed at places where people are crawling all over each other like airports and larger cities. It is a safe pod like booth where you have relaxing music, aromantherapy, you can purchase reflexology packages, etc. etc. The article referred to it as the New bottled water. Because while sleep is technically free... sometimes you still can't get any. I don't think they actually guarentee you will fall asleep. But your chances are greatly improved. I say I would try this because I don't sleep well in other cities. I want my pillow. I hate hotel beds. I can't sleep on planes. When I travel I come home dead tired.

But think Manhatten (or other bigger city)... you are tired and grumpy and you don't want to go all the way home. If you had such a place sort of close to you, don't tell me you wouldn't think about it. I'm not saying (nor does the article) that sleep deprivation is a huge epidemic that sleeping aid commercials would have you believe... but I buy bottled water... and I might buy a nap if other alternatives were questionable. I'm just saying.

No comments: