Monday, February 05, 2007

For the record... I am not the slightest bit co-dependent. at all. not even a little bit.

was that convincing?

Bianca takes the last 2 parts of the LA Bar today. She only needs to pass 1. I am praying and pulling for her. On to Friday she got the call which offered her a judge in the 19th Judicial District. Awesome. More money, better hours, actual experience.

So she pops by to tell me... and I am thrilled. She will still be down the street (though it is not the same as being in my building). And because she had her test today... the "Freedom Lunch" has been deferred.

Jaws antys up her 2 cents in the form of "When I leave, I'm not going to tell you until right before... because I couldn't bear it if YOU gave me the FACE". 1) What face? 2) trust me, Jaws would not get a face.

The FACE is apparently the Puss-In-Boots look from Shrek 2. It is no secret, I adore Bianca. And I want her to have whatever she wants... hence I too tried to pull every contact and favor in the court system that I could think of. We all did. Then we all played the waiting game to see whose shot would pan out. She deserves it. Believe me when I say she has worked Fu*k a** hard for it. and I am proud of her.

and reason # eleventy billion (yeah 11ty billion) that she is my friend... as we talk about how much more $ this will be for her... she says "I would rather my Freedom Lunch be my treat of dinner for you at our favorite place. It's nice for lunch but the dinner menu is awesome and you have always been there for me. I want to do this for you."

and I am humbled that she loves me. We both recognize that Jaws does not have the capacity to look outside of herself and pick up another person. It is unfortunate, but in 3 years it is tried and tested and found to be true.

No comments: