Monday, February 12, 2007

Sound Byte... Courtesy of Bunkles.


"I hate your hair and it makes you look ethnic. Or maybe it's the shirt. Or maybe the thing around your neck (tiger nail charm on a long silver chain) . Whatever. No, I like the tiger nail- but so you know, it's still ETHNIC looking".

Does it sound like he's and a**? He did it on purpose. One day a while ago I popped in to ask if he wanted coffee while I was getting some... His little underlings feel the need to contribute to the conversations with "What are you?" well yes, and tact is running like water.

The pic is a version of the shirt I am wearing today, it is Indian. But mine is pink and sheer. I didn't have the patience to look for my exact shirt.

I am lucky to have a Bunkles, I think everyone should have one. Someone who knows you so well, most conversations are not long and drawn out, but a few words and a look. He is also fantastic at containing the crazy... i.e. 2 years ago at a restaurant a huge table of us had dinner and drinks and someone feels the need to scream "So, are you like dot or feather?" and it would not have been offensive... except I had been drinking. So Bunkles holds on to me and trys to talk me down from crazy while the Dream killer explains the dot. Nice.

Today is a good day people.
p. s. will talk about my fantastic present of a book from JD a bit later.

No comments: