Sunday, February 25, 2007

"Where America Goes to Feel Better"


I have spent the last several hours watching the 4 episodes of Grey's Anatomy on abc.com.

I have no mascara on because I have cried it all off.

Partially because of the show, and partially because this weekend has emotionally wrung me dry.

Private kick in the stomach. If you are meant to know it, then you already do. and the more I think about it, It really was a favor.

Tomorrow starts with a 730 interview with a judge that Bianca told me has no openings. The "in" to the judge, my mole we will call him- because he sees all, knows a lot, and has a frightening amount of access- calls me to tell me that my friend out right lied to me.

Bianca and I spoke yesterday and had a late lunch today. We talked about it again and she assures me the position that was there was given to her Sidekick, as is fitting that is why she is the sidekick. She will be in at 730 and asked if I would like her to lay groundwork and I intimate that it is not necessary. Mole says I have been betrayed. I am not willing to pass that sentence, yet. I still believe my friend but am willing to consider outside comments.

Hardware store as promised. Mouse got a birdcage for her b-day and I promised to help her hang it from a huge pecan tree so it faces the windows and she can see the birds. Sat morning we had to buy clothesline wire to hang it. I have officially had a check declined. That has never happened to me before. Especially since the only checks I write are for a Jeep note and student loan. So why did Lowe's reject $5.16? No clue. I have some number to call, but I was too mortified.

The check and my expired license was all I had in my purse. My card, real license and money were in the back pocket of the jeans I went out in the night before. Because that is where I carry my money like a little kid.

The clerk is trying to figure this out and the guy behind me hands her a $10 and says "I need to do a good thing. Please let me pay for it" I am dumbfounded. His wife is petting him. I try to find the words to express gratitude for such a huge gesture... and grams? she is 1/2 to the car. nice.

No comments: