Thursday, February 08, 2007

If I had the balls I would post a picture of me with long hair.

Yesterday was weird. Tried to take a full LSAT. I got through 3 sections and the break. Started on #4 and apparently a band of children lost their freakin minds... and their mothers were still to shell shocked to contain the crazy that was each respective child. In short my concentration was GONE. So I thought "Yay! Lunch!" I'll finish the test later because the integrity of this one is shot to sh*t (I did try to test through it... no dice).

As I get to the Jeep, as serendipity would have it, I get a call from Gabe. Gabe is his real name (sorry hon... but not really). He is my fantastical stylist who loves my hair. You should only go to a stylist who loves your hair. When I am sans boyfriend for Valentine's Day (as tends to happen) my hair gets flowers from my stylist. Back to the call. He says "Honey, do you know what Saturday is?" I say "LSAT" , he says "...and?!" I say "Hair cut". He says "...and who do you think is going to cut it?" I say "YOU?"

apparently not. Which would be bad because this is the big haircut. Every year to year 1/2 I give my hair to Lock of Love. Look it up www.locksoflove.org I kept the length through Christmas so my family would not curse me out. Gabe says "No, no. That is also the day after I am getting engaged and will still be...."getting engaged" if you know what I mean" Ewwwwwwwwwwwww!

I heart Gabe... I do not want to picture him "engaged". So long story even longer, I cut it yesterday. It is SHORT.

Everyone is waiting to hear what mom says. She is always entertaining. 1st I did it, she calls right after, as she does and asks how it looks. I says SHORT. She says (no lie) "Honey, It's Ok, you are still beautiful.... but now it's more of an inner beauty" nice.

You don't think she can do any better... and then 2nd time I get a call at work 2 days after she has seen it "Kiran (she does call me Kiran) are you gay?" I was drinking something and I almost choked. Especially as she was on speaker phone.

I guess I don't need to tell you that it is a huge Indian thing that a woman's beauty is in her hair. So I guess sans hair makes me ugly. But this is an organization I fully believe in. It benefits children... with NO hair. as controversial as mine is short, it grows ridiculously fast. It will hit my shoulders (or close) in less than 6 months. and if I don't flat iron... it will be long in a year.

But how funny that part of me does feel unattractive. People notice the hair. Women compliment it, men try to touch it. Now I feel like I have a big mushroom head. I don't know what to do with it, and I don't have a ponytail anymore... it's just pony.

A little 20 year old at they gym (because that is the average age of my fan club) asked if I felt lighter and then if I did it because that was the only way I could lose weight. Wow and THIS guy is single?!

But the best was pseudo-Daydream who had an arm full of "body bars". He dropped then and said "K-Baby! OMG! Beautiful, Come here, it is sooooo cute!" and scooped me up. and I have to admit, I felt kind of pretty.

:)

5 comments:

Jonathan said...

A picture of you with long hair will get you the Drunken 20.

KIRAN LIGHT said...

blog or email?

Jonathan said...

blog, baby. blog.

Jonathan said...

After all, I'm posting mine to my blog. Maybe I'll include a picture also

KIRAN LIGHT said...

RAT BASTARD PART II! OK HERE GOES.