Tuesday, February 27, 2007

You always remember your 1st


Water Buffalo was my 1st soul-wrenching earth shaking love. about 4 years of official dating and the extra year and a half of dumb f*cking ourselves to make sure there was no way this was going to work... plus neither of us had the balls to tell his family. Mine knew and hated him. For his, we sucked it up and played nice nice for every friggen holiday and get together. I moved to a new apartment and so did he... 5 doors down.

Needless to say it was not good. It was long, drawn out and very painful. When we were good and done I cried for 2 weeks. No, seriously. I had to take vacation from my stupid job, and luckily was between semesters (or maybe not even in school) and just cried. Like great big Minnie mouse tears. If you called my house and I answered the phone, You had 30 seconds to talk before I started sniffling on the phone. It broke my heart. and it hurt.

and after 2 weeks of my friends getting shoved out my front door, and them letting me hide under a rock and listening to the most depressing music ever... they had enough. JB and Camello snatched me by the back of the neck and threw me in the shower. Did my hair, makeup and dressed me. and put me in some body's car. It ended up being 3 cars of the people closest to me, and some miscellaneous people, but everybody that mattered (minus Buffalo and like my mom obviously) came to New Orleans with us. We did the worst thing ever. Bourbon Street. We hit every club and bad bar. We sung Karaoke at the Cat's Meow, totally off-key. They made me eat a Lucky dog which made me sick... the most important thing was that Madigan held on to me until I stopped crying.

It was humbling that a broken heart did not break me. and to look into the faces of such love, it seemed selfish to cry over someone not worthy, it was disrespectful to the people that did love me. and love me THAT much. It was a good night.

On to yesterday, I have to laugh as I get "check-in" messages from Tourette's. JB calls to schedule the de-briefing with wine, Bunny shows up with flowers, and Bianca's lunch was soothing. JD even sent a well-wish of Internet spite that made me laugh out loud (much to the amusement of my secretary)... and I am glowing that you guys love me. No, my heart is not broken, not even a little. I got a little bee sting, to be sure, but you don't know what it means to me to remember that I am held.

You guys are rock stars ;)

Bond-Girl out.
p.s. click-it... theme song on repeat. Nelly Furtado - Do it

No comments: