Thursday, March 08, 2007

Don't expect me to lie for you.

and if you don't tell me, don't expect me to know that I am supposed to be covering for you. But back to the title line, don't expect that I would lie for you, considering I don't even lie for me. Why? Because if you are depending on my lie to save your butt... we are all going to jail. Even if we haven't done anything to warrant jail, that is where we are going. and we will be sitting next to each other with you mad at me. But I told you. I don't lie well, and I certainly can't lie for other people.

So had work yesterday. Then gym. Then sick in the parking lot because my tummy is still messed up. Bunny bought me a Sprite and sat with me until I stopped gagging. I guess I pushed too hard and I'm already stressed. Maybe I ate too late? The Race for the Cure is Sat so no gym today, maybe running tomorrow. But I still feel kind of ick.

I get home, bop around, eat, read, and talked to Bunny. I get a beep on my phone (# I don't recognize) and click over. It is the husband of my friend. We are cool. I usually have his # in my phone for emergencies but I haven't talked to him since I've had this phone. I get off the phone w/Bunny and click back... and he says... "Can I speak to my wife please?" and I said something like "Not unless she is in my pocket and I just didn't know. She's not with me, I'm at home."

Guess what? That was not what he was expecting to hear. Oops. He says, "K. I'll call her on her cell"

Now I am cursing under my breath because I have to try to get to her 1st.

I call, it goes to voice mail. I text- nothing. I figure he got her, and I go to shower and think I'll call her later.

I call about 10-ish. She answers. I say "What are you doing?" She says "Why? Where are you?" I say "I'm at home, where are you?" she says "You promise you are at home?" Yep. I have no reason to lie. She does.

We go around in circles for a minute. I say "Your husband called me an hour ago". Now she gets to curse under her breath. She says she was sure he would never actually call me and her phone was on silent, and she promised she was on her way home. She can tell me anything. She gave me a cock and bull story about getting a drink by herself. Today I text her that we are going to talk about this. seriously and very soon.

She used me as the lie to say I worked late and she met me downtown. It is not uncommon, my friends make concessions for my super-woman complex all the time. But downtown in my city is small and it is hard to be anonymous on streets that I know well. She does not know that I know she met someone out recently that was not her husband. and not her friend. Even in her dad's truck. I know that truck, it has moved all kinds of stuff for me. Plus I know those bartenders, and they talk. a lot. and today I am sad for my friend. but more so for her husband.

No comments: