Friday, March 09, 2007

Friday to Friday

In not even the span of 1 week the Dream Killer has managed to show his bum. Before Tuesday's reception- JB was late and Bunny bailed completely... he was waiting with me and got handed my phone to give her directions (I am bad with directions). After she hangs up he scrolls through my recent calls. He see his friend and says "Engineer? Like my engineer?" and I say something like "Yours, mine, who really keeps track". He'd also been hinting about him earlier in the week.

So I think I blogged when I ran into Engineer. We had dinner that night, and coffee a week later. We talk occassionally, and I got to have the a**hole conversation of "I'm not trying to date you, so stop calling so much" and because Engineer is a prince among men, it went well. I haven't seen him in a couple of weeks at least. My surmission (?) is that someone DK knows saw us somewhere and saw fit to tell him (I hate how small my city feels sometimes). I don't have to explain this to DK. Especially since the break up was at least 2 years ago. Now it's probably more like 2 1/2, suffice it to say it was a long time ago.

Dk and I spat. I forgive. We are cool. Wednesday he calls to formally ask me to the Barrister's Ball... I have brand new ball gown that hasn't been worn anywhere. I say yes. and then have to pull out of a bowling tournament (much to the response of Bunkles trying to throw a keyboard at me). The worst was the little Momma who pulled out the EDS. At me even! I say "I'm sorry" and she says "I'm not upset you aren't bowling... I am angry because he does not deserve you." oh.

Yesterday I saw Dk- He was to have dinner w/a girl I know from like 3rd grade. He explains it as he was helping her w/ a campaign for something or other - and this was her thank you. I don't care. He was "tired" from studying all night. Ok.

But I get home and get a call from the Engineer. Calling to make sure I am alright. I say "yes of course, why wouldn't I be?" Apparently Wednesday night DK left a drunk message on Engineer's phone. Lots of slurring but my name was clear as a bell. nice. Engineer calls back and DK does not answer the phone. so business as ususal. I am not going to address it with him, there is no need to.

Now I don't want to go to the ball. Countdown to the blow up. I wonder if it will come before the ball, or even then. How wonderful to have such a reliable card trick.

and just the other day I was happy because he was safe and comfortable. or he's still and a**hole. whatever.

The other call I got was that Tourette's grandmother died. She doesn't want to talk about it... which never happens. So I will try to spend this evening sitting next to her. and being whatever she needs.

No comments: