Saturday, March 17, 2007

Everything I needed to know I learned in Kindergarten

a bit of literal Fulgam.

Ummmm. how to make this fit?

You have to drink a lot of water, it's good for you? I can remember being little and running around and my mom doing dishes and hiding behind her... she would catch me and make me drink a glass of water before letting me go. That's actually true. She used to say I had to drink it because we had too much water and had to get rid of some, and give the glass back so she could wash it while she was doing dishes. I don't know if I was in kindergarten though, so that might not be so accurate.

Also, we should try to learn from our mistakes. I drank too much on a semi-date. I don't want to do that and have drunk girl conversations. I know how to drink socially. I do.

So the lesson we take is to drink lots of water when drinking, and say "WHEN". The ball last night was lovely. Especially since it was next door (downtown) to a couple of bars I know well, that had bands for St. Pat's Eve. Basically it was a big block party, and in a formal gown and dress coat I was the best dress person in EVERY bar. DK was a passable date. but Bama flashbacks... we danced on hardwood floors to a brass band. The Michael Foster Project. I know the trumpet guy. DK spins and dips me like it's cool... and it was for the 1st 30 min... after that I was trying to throw other girls at him. JB and hubby were next door so I snuck out and made friends. Eventually I went back.

ohhh and there was the guy that tried to date me a long time ago... We'll call him the "Moderate Conservative" which is how he describes himself and translates into overly vocal Republican a**hole. There is a good story there.

So anyway, we ball... and play at the bars. and I'm ready to go. I am under the impression we are going. We get into the Jeep w/2 other people I just met and I am told we are going to one more party. WHAT? and I put my feet up to where we went and DK puts my head on his shoulder... and I rested my eyes for a minute. But it's really different from passing out. Allegedly.

Got woken up at 8 this morning for a parade that started at 10. That was mean and wrong, and I believe that people who do that get smacked with dead fish. At someone's party I'm walking around looking for coffee... and people keep looking in their coolers and offering me beer. Which is so similar it's scary. There were tons of fun people there. We gave away all of our beads to kids, remember when you were little and they were the most exciting thing ever? Now they just smell like beer and partying. ick.

Spent today drinking till 2 ish (ok more like 4-ish but 2 sounded better). we meant to go to another block like party- opted for a nap. didn't happen because Ms. Chloe had a princess party as she is now 3. wow. Dream Killer's mom broke her tailbone and wrist so I went with him to bring her soup (and check on my letter of rec... but I didn't bring it up, so technically it was not a hidden agenda). and now I am incognito in pj's with teddybears sleeping on clouds. I couldn't make myself go out tonight if I wanted to.

No hangovers or headaches... but my shins, knees, and back feels like someone beat me. and tomorrow is Ram-Naumi. this is the funnest weekend I've had in a while.

Going to bed now. G'night.

No comments: