Sunday, March 11, 2007

White chocolate bread pudding should not have raisens in it

I am typing this post out 1st... and will name it later.

This was the weekend of the Flake. I attribute it to LA's notorious lack of proper seasons. Everybody else has "autumn" and "winter". I've even heard rumors of "spring" and a pleasant "summer"-like span of time. No, my cheeky monkeys, none of those in these parts. You get hot, and cold. And often in the same week and/or day.

My sinuses are not amused. My face freakin hurts w/pressure. I have a migraine like headache that does not like light or movement, and rounds out with an interesting bit of nausea... Aren't I incredibly sexy right now? Grrr baby.

So Friday was supposed to be a movie. Crack-headed Kate's son got arrested so Tourettes went with her to bail him out. I did the happy dance and dove under the covers for some much needed rest.

Saturday started w/the race for the cure. Everybody knew I would conspire to sleep in, so my phone went off at 630 and in 5 min increments. Tourettes and I met up w/Bailey... except we soon figured out Bailey was trying to win... like a 5k in 15 minutes. We casually lost Bailey.

Against my better judgement I circuit trained on Friday (saw Bama on his way out, fortunately I was on phone w/friend who got busted... he waves and smiles. I smile and pass. Eventually I will stop being polite.) and my knees were soooo not happy. We are up to 400mg Celebrex in the morning and 200mg at night w/sporadic Advil. and that only numbs it for a bit. My hips are doing the same thing and the pain is white hot. It's quite fantastic. Tourettes says... "What about a total knee replacement. at least for the right, you know... for now" ummm Sure. why not. except that my threshold for pain is also NEGATIVE.

I tried to make her run, she flat out refused. We mostly walked a 5k. WTF? I tried to trip her in the lake. We did it in like 40. that is my worst time ever. On the plus side, it was across from the Governor's mansion so we saw Gov. Kathleen-worst governor in the history of the world-Babino- I give all intelligent ambitious rockstar women a kick in the knees because I am incompetent and make all women look like emotion idiots- Blanco pass by. Of course she had to make an appearance, we were in her backyard. She is a terrible speaker. The Gov of Kansas was with her also, not a whole lot of reading going on between those two.

In other news, Budweiser sponsors the Race for the Cure. So we found the free beer truck... and the free plastic cup booth, so it didn't look like we were slurping on beer. and another thing, I ran into a bunch of people I haven't seen in a while. Or maybe I see them all the time and I just don't pay attention. I didn't know anyone's name. so there was a lot of "Hey, You!" It was uber fun. One should generally drink free beer and eat sunchips after a race that one walks. allegedly.

SInuses forced me to duck another wedding Sat night. How is it there are still single people left in the world. I am sure everyone I have ever met is married by now. Sunday (today), no mandir (church) for me. I went to a harder (or it was supposed to be) yoga class. and i remember why I stopped going to this one. but I really needed it, I hurt something awful. I had dinner w/the Engineer. I enjoy him. He is great company. I ate everything in the world that I should not, and I had to give it right back. Tummy still upset. I wonder how this guy is still single.

and yet how awful that I write that and even I do not want him. But I think I get points for wanting a carbon copy... w/a few modifications.

The post in draft that may take some time to finish is "Lessons from a Serial Monogamist". which is what he proclaims to be. It kind of puts things into perspective...I'll tell you about the year of the Yes a bit later. This blog is a bit long and I still don't have a title.

No comments: