Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Why do prostitutes have pimps?

That is a serious question.

no, seriously. Think about that, why? What do they get out of the arrangement? I mean... aren't pros kind of like free agents. Don't they go out and drum up their own business? and they give a pimp money? why? for what? what are they paying for? drugs? your finding people buy your snatch, you can't find your own illegal substances? I'm just asking.

On to Tourettes. I told you she broke the good-Christian. but in a way, she may have gotten a bit of a break to. She liked him. He, like all good guys who try to be good to you, sheds and interesting light on the ways we lack. He brings center spotlight to her problems with substances and rages... which is why socially you never know what you are going to get. From the span of time I first blogged her to date... she has decided she wants to be a better person, for her. Which is admirable and hard. So I am there for my friend. and being a good friend means containing the crazy. (not that she is the only one that has it... i did call people names for no good reason). onward.

They do not speak verbally anymore. They text, email, and myspace. She is obsessive over every interaction. We did the lakes last night (4.2 miles) and the ENTIRE time is me listening to her about him. and she wants my advice. Like i am in a position to give advice? She says Bama came back (and keeps coming back) so that means I did something right. NO. Bama has nothing to do with me, and success and failure is measure by how you feel... not whether some schmuck-head feels the need to pitch.

But she is legitimately upset. I want to be a good friend. She is very angry with men, and it is humbling for her to realize that all of her issues with them and all of the anger is not because they are inherently bad men. So I humbly sit next to my friend and tell her she has 3 options. 1) get in touch with him and talk to him. have him talk to her. 2) keep it as it is. or .... 3) let it go. delete email, drop myspace, erase # and move on.

She asks which one I recommend. I say I don't. I secretly want to nudge her to 1. but I want her to get there.

She says 2 is not an option because she is becoming obsessive and miserable. and 3 is not because she is not ready. But 1 is also not because it's hard and HOW can she do that?! (it is hard. not that I do it, but JEEZ)

Last night she chose 2.

This morning she texts me with 1. Later say text "I CAN'T"

I say: Yes u can. If he says no, u haven't lost anything and at least u will know. u r awesome and ur growing as a person! that is wonderful!

I feel the need to pass the accolade because what would I do without people like Bunny who hold up my world. and know that I need reoccurring v-mails, especially when I don't feel like such an awesome person.

But this isn't about me. I'll let you know what happens. However, let me preface this with I have seen Bama-like tendencies w/ good Christian. Which is fitting because Bama is also Good Christian, except for the abstinence and tee tottering.

No comments: