Tuesday, March 27, 2007

"Excuse me, Who the f*ck are you, please?"


The tag line is from Bat-Girl. It is what we are expected to say to people who seek to squash dreams and make us small like them. It polite yet poignant.

Segue to pic.

It is a pic and quote by Gursky. Whom, the Financial Times reports today, has the distinction of being the photographer of the most expensive photograph ever sold at auction. I could not find the pic online, so this is what you get. (I imagine private would be different). It sold for 1.7 million francs and I cannot find the franc sign. In dollars it is just enough to sustain my shoe fetish for the length of time it takes A-Rod to come to his senses and propose... you do the math.
The pic that sold is a macro view of a Formula 1 set of pits under a viewing platform that is glassed in. It is cool looking

The article likens his work to the "Where's Waldo" books of our youth, in that is uses aerial views of object and individuals with extreme (and unrealistic) clarity. "Like a photo of yourself taken from far far away..." (ani defranco ladies and gentleman) but with close up distinction of features. It is digitized and not a true "photograph" as it is a diptych. The writer is amused that his colleague finds a figure found in another bit of Gursky's work. Same guy, different shirt, same stance, same expression.

It seems to suggest a bit of insight to the mind of the master that he is moved by this object. Writer goes on to say that is what artists do, take a bit of something that speaks to them and find the beauty fitting to be around it. (that is my awesome paraphrase :)

Segue to making it relevant to me (yay me)

Much like writing, or writing with a theme. or writing about ideas, ideals, situations that have yet to work themselves out. Poetry to give words to the words that you wouldn't tell anyone else, but seek to express just not to hold them. and the blog that is the play by play of hit and misses. and my peats and repeats don't look so bad. Because one day, you, like I will be able to see the bigger picture. Like a Gursky, and it will be well worth it.

P.s. I fell in yoga, on the hardest thing ever. One legged upward dog- drop to one legged plank, rolled through chatra danga to cobra and back up to down dog. With out dropping the other leg. I got right it before everybody else, because I am competitive like that, and when it got easier, I'd moved back too far, my socks hit the floor and *BOOM* slipped from under me. It was soo hot. P-Day didn't even move. I could have died! It could have been awful!... or just melo-dramatic. He looks over eventually and says- "Suck it up Beautiful and get back to it." Rat bastard.

No comments: